Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Sweet n Spicy Pan roasted Pumpkin

I had a small piece of pumpkin left with me after I was done with the cake. Decided to quickly cook up something with it. 

Ingredients:
1. Pumpkin - 8-10 thin cut slices
2. Garlic paste 1/2 tsp or 1 tsp depending on your taste
3. Olive oil/ any cooking oil- 2 tsp
4. Chilli Powder
5. Sugar- 1/2 tsp
6. Salt- as per taste

Procedure:
I cut the pumpkin into small thin slices, added a tea spoon of cooking oil..olive oil would work better I think. Put the garlic paste & Salt into it and mixed it till all the pumpkin pieces were coated with garlic flavored oil.
Heat the pan and spread the pumpkin slices on the pan. Turn over when one side is done. The slices will tend to get soft and turn into golden brown when they are fully cooked. Now add the chilli powder and Sugar on your pumkin slices and roast both sides once more and remove from fire. 
The dish is ready to serve..It could serve as a good side snack with your meal. You could also add a dash of lemon juice incase you like your food to be tangy.

Husband loved the taste of this...daughter said she wanted the same done with potatoes and my son came back asking for a few more pieces.

No comments: