Since I was excited about the success with the outcome of Nankathais, I thought I could try one more and I ended up preparing Peanut Butter Cookies for my kids. In comparison I would prefer the nankathai because of the ghee flavour it has, but I would say as a standalone this also is amazing.
I used the Eggless recipe from Gayathri's Blog. Gayathri's recipe had peanuts roasted and put in. The lazy me decided I would do without it and used the Crunchy peanut butter instead and I ended up baking the cookies for 30 mins!!
Ingredients: Maida-3/4 cup
Butter-1/4 cup Crunchy Peanut Butter-3/4 cup+1 tbsp Light Brown Sugar-1/2 cup Baking Powder-1/2 tsp Milk-1/8 cup
Method: 1. In a bowl mix together flour, baking powder. 2. In another bowl mix together butter, peanut butter and brown sugar until soft. 3. Add milk and beat. 4. Add the flour mixture and mix well 5. Cover the dough and refrigerate it for 30 minutes. The dough will become firmer and it will be very easy to shape the cookies. 6. Preheat microwave at 160C. 7. Pinch out small lemon sized balls out of the dough, roll it and place it on the tray. Arrange the balls leaving atleast 1" gap giving the cookies place to spread. 8. With a fork, press the ball into flat round cookie shape and get a criss cross pattern. 9. Bake in Convection mode for 30 minutes at 160C 10. Remove from oven and let it sit on counter until the cookies are firm. Incase you feel that cookies are not getting firm, bake for another 2-3 mins. 15. Carefully remove the cookies from the tray and transfer to a wire rack. Allow it to cool completely.
I used the Eggless recipe from Gayathri's Blog. Gayathri's recipe had peanuts roasted and put in. The lazy me decided I would do without it and used the Crunchy peanut butter instead and I ended up baking the cookies for 30 mins!!
Ingredients: Maida-3/4 cup
Butter-1/4 cup Crunchy Peanut Butter-3/4 cup+1 tbsp Light Brown Sugar-1/2 cup Baking Powder-1/2 tsp Milk-1/8 cup
Method: 1. In a bowl mix together flour, baking powder. 2. In another bowl mix together butter, peanut butter and brown sugar until soft. 3. Add milk and beat. 4. Add the flour mixture and mix well 5. Cover the dough and refrigerate it for 30 minutes. The dough will become firmer and it will be very easy to shape the cookies. 6. Preheat microwave at 160C. 7. Pinch out small lemon sized balls out of the dough, roll it and place it on the tray. Arrange the balls leaving atleast 1" gap giving the cookies place to spread. 8. With a fork, press the ball into flat round cookie shape and get a criss cross pattern. 9. Bake in Convection mode for 30 minutes at 160C 10. Remove from oven and let it sit on counter until the cookies are firm. Incase you feel that cookies are not getting firm, bake for another 2-3 mins. 15. Carefully remove the cookies from the tray and transfer to a wire rack. Allow it to cool completely.
No comments:
Post a Comment