The last time I prepared it, I had added less spice. But
this time I prepared it for a new mother, who loves spicy food & dislikes
sweets. My mother-in-law had prepared something called shakti laddoo for me
when I had delivered my kids..made up of Dry dates, jaggery, dry fruits &
Gondh. Now since this friend doesn’t like sweets, I thought of this…and I have
a feedback that she has been relishing it. :)
Ingredients:
Dates- 500 gms- Deseed
Green chillies – 2 large- finely chopped
Ginger- ½ inch- 1 inch piece – ground to Paste
Red chilly powder- 2 tbsp
Salt- to taste
Lemon Juice- 1 lemon
3 tbsp- Oil
Mustard- 1 tsp
Asafoetida- ½ tsp
Curry leaves- 15-20 pieces
Method:
- Grind the deseeded dates in a mixer with little water.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottom pan, add mustard, asafetida, curry leaves.
- Once the mustard splutters add the green chillies & Ginger paste. Fry in low flame till the raw smell goes.
- Add the ground dates, salt to taste and cook the mixture till it starts leaving the sides of the pan. Add the lemon juice at this stage and mix again.
- Do a taste check to see if the salt/ chilly powder/ lemon juice are all added as per your taste. Add more of these according to your taste.

No comments:
Post a Comment